Shortbread Sugar Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on medium speed until a smooth dough forms. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough and place onto a greased cookie sheet. Alternatively, roll out into a ¼ inch layer of dough and cut out your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before removing to wire racks or serving plates.
Thu, December 1, 2011
by Vanessa Maltin Weisbrod filed under