Rotisserie Chicken & Edamame Pasta Salad
Yield: 4 servings
1 package gluten-free brown rice pasta shells
1 pre-made rotisserie chicken
1 package frozen edamame, defrosted and pods removed
1 bunch scallions, washed and finely chopped
1 cup fresh parsley leaves, washed and finely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon zest
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. When pasta is fully cooked, drain and run under cold water until the shells are cool.
2. Pick the chicken meat off of the bones and shred into bite-sized pieces. Put meat in a large mixing bowl. Add in cooled pasta, edamame beans, chopped scallions and parsley, and gently mix together.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Pour mixture over the salad mixture and gently stir together.
4. Add in ½ cup of the grated parmesan cheese and stir in gently.
5. Equally divide salad amongst four serving plates and top each with a sprinkle of the remaining parmesan cheese.
Sat, August 27, 2011
by Vanessa Maltin Weisbrod filed under