Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
Yield: 4-6 servings
Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Corn-Free
Topping the asparagus with parmesan cheese makes this kid friendly, but adults will love it too.
1 bunch asparagus
1 teaspoon olive oil
¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Snap off woody stems of asparagus. If desired, peel the bottoms.
3. In a roasting pan, add the olive oil. Lay the asparagus over the oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Lightly toss the asparagus in the oil until coated.
4. When oven is hot, roast, 10-15 minutes or until tender (this will depend on the thickness of the asparagus). Remove from the oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
5. Return to the oven for 1 minute more, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. For a deeper flavor leave the asparagus in the oven until the cheese starts to lightly brown.
NUTRITION per serving: Calories: 97, Total Fat: 2.25g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Carbohydrates: 1.76g, Dietary fiber: 0.84g, Protein: 2.81g, Total sugars: 0.80g, Sodium: 77mg
Wed, May 2, 2012
by Maureen Stanley filed under