Yield: One Dozen Bagels
2 packets active quick-rise dry yeast
2 cups warm water
5 ½ cups Cup4Cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 quarts boiling water
2 teaspoons canola oil
1. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine yeast and warm water. Allow the yeast to dissolve in the water, about 5 minutes.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixing using a dough hook, combine gluten-free all-purpose flour, sugar and salt. Mix using the dough hook until a well forms.
3. Pour the water/yeast mixture into the center of the well and turn the mixer on medium speed. Mix until a smooth dough forms. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 12 equally sized pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a cylinder, moisten the ends and fuse them together to form a ring. Place each bagel on a baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise for 30-40 minutes until they have risen about 30%.
5. While the dough is rising, bring two quarts of water to a boil and add canola oil to it. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. Poach bagels a few at a time in simmering water for 30-45 seconds. Remove from the water and place on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the bagels are golden on top. Cool before serving.
NOTE: for Garlic Cheddar Bagels, sprinkle bagels with garlic powder, sea salt and cheddar cheese after poaching.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Sun, May 27, 2012 @ 2:29 PM
Fri, June 1, 2012 @ 11:05 AM
Sat, October 6, 2012 @ 8:51 PM
Sat, October 6, 2012 @ 8:54 PM
Sun, October 21, 2012 @ 6:43 PM
Fri, February 15, 2013 @ 9:31 PM
Wed, February 27, 2013 @ 12:20 AM
Tue, April 2, 2013 @ 3:59 PM
Sun, April 28, 2013 @ 4:33 PM
Sat, May 11, 2013 @ 10:19 AM
Sun, June 16, 2013 @ 10:14 AM
Sat, August 3, 2013 @ 8:11 AM
Mon, January 6, 2014 @ 11:43 PM
Your Email/URL (Optional):
Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic
or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.
Looking for back issues? Find all of Delight's great content from the last three years here!
All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2011
Site Designed by DC Web Designers, a Washington DC Web Design Company