Key Lime Shooters
5 large egg yolks
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup plain yogurt
5 oz key lime juice (Nellie and Joe’s Key West Lime Juice is our favorite)
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup sugar
20-30 mini plastic shot glasses with plastic spoons
1. Combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, yogurt, and key lime juice in saucepan.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with whisk until key lime custard is thick enough to hold marks of a whisk, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and transfer from pot to separate bowl. Carefully fill mini plastic shot glasses ¾ full and refrigerate until cool.
4. Meanwhile, whip heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add sugar and continue whipping until peaks are stiff.
5. Fill a pastry bag or plastic storage bag with whipped cream; cut tip if using plastic bag. Pipe whipped cream on top of chilled key lime custard in each plastic shot glass. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Sat, July 9, 2011
by Delight Gluten-Free Magazine filed under