Green Apple–Cheddar Fondue
SERVES 4-6 PREP 10 MIN COOK 15 MIN
What a great combination of a sweet/sour apple with a sharp cheese! You can serve it with a variety of apple slices, carrots, or other vegetables; nut crackers; or even all-natural sausage.
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup milk
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and pureed
1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Salt, to taste
1) Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; whisk in the cornstarch.
2) When butter and cornstarch mixture starts to bubble, add the milk slowly and keep whisking.
3) Bring to boil and continue to whisk.
4) Add the apple puree and then the cheese in batches until it melts.
5) Add salt if needed6).
6) Serve with: Nut-Thins (gluten-free nut crackers), carrots, apple slices, Jones All Natural Sausage (gluten-free)
Wed, March 7, 2012
by Maureen Stanley filed under