Gnocchi with Cherry Tomato & Mushroom Cream Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
2 pounds Idaho potatoes
7-9 ounces potato starch
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch nutmeg
8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
3 ounces EVOO
1 onion, small dice
1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
1 thyme sprig
1 cup heavy cream
1. Place whole potatoes with skin in a pan of cold water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and simmer until potatoes are soft.
2. Drain potatoes and peel off skin. Put potatoes through a ricer and cool in a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, potato starch, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well; turn onto a board that has either potato starch or gluten-free flour on it to prevent sticking.
4. Roll out the dough into a long rope and cut pieces to make strands of dough that are ½" inch in diameter. Set aside.
5. Place the gnocchi into simmering, salted water. Cook until they come to the surface. Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and place in a baking dish to keep warm.
6. Heat a medium sauté pan and add butter and olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
7. Add the cherry tomatoes, thyme, and cream. Season with salt. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
8. Add cooked gnocchi into pan and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated and cream has reduced by about three-fourths.
Sat, July 9, 2011
by Delight Gluten-Free Magazine filed under