Isabelle Werness is 12 years old and loves
baking. She just happens to have celiac disease. Isabelle recently visited with Delight Gluten-Free Magazine at the 2012 DC Gluten-Free Expo
. She shared with us her love of baking gluten-free treats and her fabulous Cookie Monster Cupcake recipe:
Isabelle's Gluten-Free Cookie Monster Cupcakes
Submitted by Isabelle Werness
1 packet of Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake mix
1 icing kit
1 jar of Betty Crocker vanilla icing
Blue food coloring
Chocolate chips/black icing
Half of 1 chocolate chip cookie
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake the chocolate cake mix by the instructions.
3. Pour half of the batter into small cupcake tin.
4. Pour the other half of the batter into normal sized cupcake tin.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
6. Ice the bottom of the small cupcake and stack it on top of the big cupcake.
7. Ice the entire thing with vanilla white icing until it's smooth all over.
8. Put some blue icing into an icing bag with a star nozzle.
9. Make fur-like spots with the blue icing until it's covered in "fur".
10. Cut the very end of 2 marshmallows and put 2 dots of black icing on them. 1 for each marshmallow.
11. Place the "eyes" on the top of the monster.
12. Stick the half of the cookie on to the monster right under the eyes.
Tue, August 7, 2012
by Maureen Stanley filed under