Yield: 12-15 brownies
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
2 large eggs
½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together gluten-free all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Slowly add these dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
4. Gently fold nuts into the mixture and then pour evenly into greased baking dish.
5. Bake for 20-23 minutes until the brownies pull away from the side of the pan or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out nearly clean.
6. Cut into squares and top with your favorite frosting if desired.
Wed, January 11, 2012
by Vanessa Maltin Weisbrod filed under