Frito-Lay launches a gluten-free recipe section
on its corporate website (www.fritolay.com
) to give gluten-free customers gluten-free appetizers and meals paired or made with favorite Frito-Lay products.
"We know gluten free eaters often feel their options are limited. Frito-Lay hopes to bring some deliciousnessto gluten free snacking. We're offering fans a variety of gluten free recipes and letting them know many of their favorite Frito-Lay snacks can still be a part of a gluten free lifestyle," Danielle Dalheim, registered dietitian and associate principal nutrition scientist, Frito-Lay North America stated in a press release.
Click here to see an up-to-date list of their gluten-free products. Since last year, Frito-Lay also prints a gluten-free designation on the back of qualifying bags of Frito-Lay snacks in either the form of a gluten free icon or the text, "Gluten Free."
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad Recipe (courtesy of Frito-Lay)
This is the perfect summertime salad. The chipotle lime chicken and TOSTITOS® Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips are a wonderful complement to this colorful spread of vegetables and mango.
1 lb. chicken breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup salsa verde
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 head Boston lettuce, chopped
1 ear of corn
2 scallions, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 mango, chopped
1 ½ cups cooked red or black beans
1 cup TOSTITOS® Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips, chopped
Cilantro for garnish
1. To make the marinade, combine all the ingredients except the chicken breast in a bowl.
2. Place the chicken in a zipper bag and add marinade. Close the bag, shake it up and put it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
3. Grill the chicken, let it cool and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
1. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake well to mix the dressing.
2. This may be more dressing than you need, so dress according to your taste.
1. Cut the corn off the cob and cook it in a dry skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until it just starts to brown.
2. In a bowl combine add lettuce, scallions, avocado, red pepper, carrots, and mango.
3. Add the corn, beans, chicken, tortilla chips, and dressing to taste.
4. Toss the salad. Divide into individual bowls and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe created by: Annemarie Rossi of Real Food Real Deals
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.
Posted on Wed, August 15, 2012
by Maureen Stanley filed under