Egg White Frittata
Yield: 4-6 servings
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Corn-Free
8 egg whites, beaten with a little bit of water
6 ounces baby spinach, prewashed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
½ cup Vidalia onion, medium dice
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground, black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and sauté for 10 minutes or until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté until they begin to get soft and release their juices.
- Add spinach and cook until leaves have wilted down.
- Stir in salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Pour beaten egg whites into skillet and stir to combine sautéed vegetables.
- Place in oven for about 20 minutes or until the eggs have set.
- Gently place spatula under all sides of the skillet to loosen the edges. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
NUTRITION: Calories per serving: 290, Total fat: 7.90g, Carbohydrate, by difference: 5.96g, Total dietary fiber: 1.25g, Protein: 43.70g, Total sugars: 3.98g, Sodium: 138mg
Tue, March 27, 2012
by Vanessa Maltin Weisbrod filed under