Crunchy Wasabi Roasted Chickpeas
Gluten-Free ~ Nut-Free ~ Dairy-Free ~ Rice-Free ~ Egg-Free ~ Corn-Free ~ Soy-Free
YIELD: 3 servings
One cup of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) contains 12.5 grams of fiber and 14.5 grams of protein.
1 can (15-ounce) chickpeas drained and rinsed
½ tablespoon hot pepper sesame oil
½ teaspoon wasabi powder
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander. Pat dry to remove any excess water.
3. Put chickpeas in a single layer onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Dry roast chickpeas for one hour. Be sure to give the baking sheet a shake every 15 minutes to avoiding burning.
4. Remove from oven and toss chickpeas in a bowl with hot pepper sesame oil and wasabi powder. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees.
5. Return to the foil-lined baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Let chickpeas cool completely before serving. Can be stored in a container for 2-3 days.
NUTRITION: Calories per serving: 115, Total fat: 2.88g, Carbohydrate, by difference: 18.19g, Total dietary fiber: 3.56g, Protein: 3.98g, Sodium: 239mg
Posted on Sun, March 25, 2012
by Maureen Stanley filed under