Yield: 4 servings
Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, Corn-Free
1 bunch asparagus
1 quart vegetable stock
3 tablespoons butter
2 shallots, minced
1 ½ cup Arborio rice
1 cup white wine
Zest of 1 lemon
½ cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Rinse asparagus and snap off the woody ends. Chop the stalks into 1-inch pieces.
2. Fill a wide pan with 1 inch of water and heat to boiling.
3. Add the asparagus and cook 1-2 minutes (depending on thickness), until just tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Warm the stock in a pot, and keep it covered on low heat.
5. Melt the butter in a large pot, and add shallots. Cook 2-3 minutes until the shallots start to soften.
6. Add the rice, and stir until the grains of rice are coated in the butter.
7. Add the wine, and stir constantly, until absorbed.
8. Add a ladleful of broth, and continue stirring until the broth is absorbed. Continue this, until all the broth is added, about 25 minutes.
9. Add lemon zest and asparagus and stir. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Add the lemon juice and stir until combined.
NUTRITION per serving: Calories: 193, Total fat: 10.84g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Carbohydrates: 7.70g, Dietary fiber: 1.06g, Protein: 5.38g, Total sugars: 3.60g, Sodium: 1125mg
Wed, May 2, 2012
by Maureen Stanley filed under