Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake
SERVES 10-12 PREP 15 MIN COOK 1 ½ Hours
For the Crumb Topping:
1/4 cup cold unsalted butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup gluten-free quick cook oats (we used Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Cake:
2 cups Namaste Perfect Gluten-Free Flour Blend
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease either a 9 x 13 inch baking pan or a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, prepare topping by mixing together butter, brown sugar, pecans, oats, cinnamon, and salt. Using your hands, crumble the mixture together until it has formed into crumbs. Set aside until ready to use.
3. To make the cake, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
4. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping down the bowl after each addition.
5. Add sour cream and mix until well combined. Slowly add flour mixture, mixing until well combined. Using a spatula, fold in apples.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan and top with crumb topping. Using a knife, gently fold some of the topping into the cake to form streaks.
7. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Wed, March 7, 2012
by Maureen Stanley filed under