Apple Berry Crisp
SERVES 10-12 PREP 15 MIN COOK 1 Hour
This dish reminds me most of fall and growing up in the Adirondacks. When it bakes, the scent of brown sugar and apples will fill your rooms, creating a sense of home. If you love topping, try doubling the amounts in this recipe.
6 cups apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 medium apples)
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen peaches
½ cup butter, divided
1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
¾ cup sugar, divided
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ cup oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill Quick Cooking Gluten-Free)
¼ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8” glass baking dish.
- Place half of the fruit (apples, raspberries, and peaches) in the dish; top with 2 tablespoons butter, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ cup sugar, and half the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining apples, 2 tablespoons butter, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ cup sugar, and half the lemon juice.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ½ teaspoon cinnamon, salt, oats, brown sugar, ¼ cup sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well and press firmly over apples.
- Bake 1 hour. Serve hot—try it à la mode!
Wed, March 7, 2012
by Maureen Stanley filed under