Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is looking for a highly dedicated individual with an interest in publication creation and food expertise for an editorial assistant position at Delight Gluten-Free Magazine. The position will contribute to all aspects of production of Delight Gluten-Free Magazine and will be based in the Washington DC-area office in Silver Spring, MD.
The Editorial Assistant will participate in all areas of magazine production.
- Write at least one article per magazine print edition
- Write routine digital content articles for www.delightglutenfree.com
- The position will require answering & responding to subscriber phone calls & emails as well as entering new subscribers into a database & updating existing subscriber records.
- Assist with recipe testing and grocery store shopping and washing dishes in the Delight Gluten-Free test kitchens
- Participate in photo shoots
- Website maintenance to include gluten-free events, product and book reviews, restaurant reviews, and various news articles
- Assist with social media management
- Creating City Maps for our Travel Section
- Spreadsheet maintenance
- Attend gluten-free/allergen-free events and assist with Delight booth at trade shows. Some travel may be required. In this case, all expenses will be covered by Delight.
- Participate in events for Delight's charity, the Celiac Disease Program Children's National Medical Center.
- Candidate should have good social & customer relation skills, as well as knowledge of food & cooking. Knowledge of food allergies.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills (grammar, syntax)
- Proficient with Macs and MS Word and Excel
- Strong Internet research skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Team player and self-starter
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week, ideally Monday-Friday 1:00pm-5:00pm
Exposure to all aspects of magazine production. Unparalleled networking opportunities and job skills development. A fun and engaging work environment. Plus, free food almost every day!
Send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample to email@example.com. Send e-mail with Word or PDF attachments. Please put "Editorial Assistant" as the subject line. We will contact you if you have been selected for an interview.
Part Time Graphic Designer
Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is looking to welcome a new part-time graphic designer to our growing team. This person should be motivated, comfortable meeting deadlines and have a love and passion for food. Our team is small but mighty, so we’re looking for someone who is a true team player and is willing to pitch in wherever needed. This means you’ll be designing layouts in the magazine, advertisements, web graphics, posters, banners, and whatever else may come up.
About Delight Gluten-Free Magazine
Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is a quarterly international food & lifestyle publication for people living with food allergies and sensitivities. Everything in the magazine is gluten-free, but we also address the other common allergens.
Filled with enlightening in-depth articles, glossy photographs and gourmet recipes, Delight Gluten-Free Magazine is on par with other popular mainstream food magazines on newsstands today. We like to think of ourselves as the ‘gourmet’ of the gluten-free world.
· 2+ years relevant design experience
· Familiarity with magazine layouts (bonus if it’s with food design)
· Proficient in InDesign and Photoshop
· Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines
Please send resume and three examples of design work (preferably magazine layouts) to Vanessa@delightglutenfree.com.